Do not touch dry ice - Dry ice is so cold that it can cause serious burns. Handle dry ice with mitts, gloves, or towels and avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Dry Ice Could Cause Suffocation - Always make sure there is sufficient ventilation when using dry ice. This is especially important in small, closed areas (like your car) because as dry ice sublimates, (turns from a solid to a gas) it removes the oxygen from the air and can cause breathing problems if area is not ventilated properly. Never store dry ice where people sleep.
Do Not Swallow Dry Ice - If you are using the ice in a beverage, you may drink the beverage, but be very careful not to swallow any pieces of the dry ice. If swallowed, seek medical help immediately.
Do Not Store Dry Ice in Air-Tight or Glass Containers - Doing so can cause pressure build-up as the dry ice changes from a solid to a gas and the container could explode. Never store dry ice in a refrigerator or freezer.
Always Supervise Children - Because dry ice is a hazardous material, children should always be supervised when handling dry ice.